Efficiency Nova Scotia’s Green Heat Rebate and financing program now includes ductless mini split heat pumps!!
In this post we’ll explain what the rebate is, what systems qualify and how to get started.
What is the Rebate?
All homes using electric or oil as their primary heat source qualify for a $200.00 – $400.00 rebate per tonne (heat pump sizing) that is installed.
If you’re looking at ductless heat pumps then the units you purchase must be approved on the cold weather list of heat pumps from Efficiency Nova Scotia (see the complete list here).
SIDENOTE: If you have a home efficiency audit completed in your home then the ductless heat pump rebate increases to $400 for the first unit and $150 for every additional head you install after the first.
Heat Pumps we Sell that Qualify
There are several systems we sell from Fujitsu, Mitsubishi and LG that qualify for the rebate or financing.
Those heat pumps are:
- Fujitsu’s RLS3 and RLS3H models
- Fujitsu’s RLXFZH multi zones systems
- LG prestige models
- Mitsubishi FE and FH models
- Mitsubishi’s MXZ hyper heat multi zone systems
4 Steps to Get Your Rebate or Financing
- Request an in-home assessment to receive a quote for one of the approved cold climate ductless heat pump systems.
- Complete and submit the pre-approval form from Efficiency Nova Scotia.
- Await approval for the rebate, or financing, from Efficiency Nova Scotia.
- Let us know you have received the approval and we’ll book a date for the installation of your new heat pump system.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia Green Heat Rebate Pre-Approval Form
- List of approved Cold Climate Ductless Heat Pumps
Get Started Today
As the first step is to get an estimate for one of the approved cold climate heat pump systems, why not book an in-home assessment with one of our Home Energy Specialists.
Appointments only take 20-30 minutes to:
- Inspect your current electrical system and panel
- Review your homes square footage and layout
- Discuss the optimal location for indoor & outdoor units
- Answer questions you might have about heat pumps
After your appointment, we will send you a quote for one of the approved cold climate ductless heat pump systems. Call (902) 461-0600 or click the button below to setup an in-home assessment today!
Want to learn more about how to choose the right heat pump contractor? Request your free copy of “The Consumers Guide to Heat Pumps in Nova Scotia” today.